Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Greetings from North Carolina


It's amazing how much life can change in a relatively short amount of time, isn't it? The last blog post I wrote was a month before my son was born. He's going to turn two in five months. I had fully intended on keeping up with the blog after he was born, and even had a few drafts written to prepare. I had fully intended on being super mom, and not skipping a beat after having my second child. But you know that quote, "We make plans and God laughs"? Yeah. Well God has taught me a lot in the time that I've been absent here on the blog. I'm learning to become a better wife, mom and friend. I'm learning about this crazy thing called balance, and how good necessary it is. God has opened my eyes to some wrong thoughts I was holding onto, and showed me some areas of my life I needed to change. I'm still working on things, and perhaps I will share more about that another day.

Needless to say, a lot has happened! My kids are almost two and almost four. We've dealt with some heartbreaking family issues. My Mom passed away, and a month later my family and I moved across the country. Washington to North Carolina. And we drove. With two small kids. It wasn't that bad, actually.

I feel like I've grown a lot after having gone through one of the toughest years of my life. But one thing I know about going through rough times, is that we can help others by sharing our testimony. So, I may share some personal things from time to time on the blog. Along with yummy recipes and some cool crafty things of course! I just want to be real with you guys. I don't think we have enough of that going on in the age of social media. I don't have it all together, and don't want to act like I do. I'd rather be transparent, and honest, and be able to encourage someone else in some way. Because I bet you can relate to a someone who is not the perfect parent, has laundry piled up, made PB&J for lunch AGAIN, has missed a few days of her Bible reading, let the kids watch TV all day, and maybe spent too much time on Pinterest that morning. Well, that's me :) I'm not content to stay where I am, but I also don't always hit the mark. And you know what? That's ok.


So I'm back. Glad to be back. Hopefully you'll see posts 1-3 times per week to start. If there's any recipes or crafts you'd like to see, comment below and let me know! I missed you guys.

-Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment