Thursday, January 17, 2013

Homemade Wonton Cups

Don't you love wontons? I do! You can make egg rolls, pot stickers, gyoza, raviolis, the list goes on! This recipe turns them into crisp little cups that become a vessel for any filling of your choice! In the picture you see, I stuffed mine with a baby lettuce salad tossed in a mango vinaigrette. But really, there are countless ways you can fill these little guys up. Caesar salad, chicken salad, crab salad, tuna salad, cream cheese and chutney, salsa and guacamole, bean dip, taco fillings, whipped cream and berries, smoked salmon with cream cheese and cucumbers, spinach and artichoke dip, so on and so forth...  

You can make these a day or so ahead of time, just make sure you keep them stored in an air tight container away from moisture. I like to salt my wonton cups, but if you want to stuff them with something sweet you may want to nix the salt. These are great for a party, especially for a football game! Imagine the possibilities for fillings! These are super fun to serve, and everyone loves them. You're sure to be the hostess with the mostess when you make them! 


Wonton Cups

12 wonton wrappers
Cooking spray
Salt
Filling of your choice


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.

Spray the wonton wrappers with oil, and place each wrapper into a section of a muffin tin. Gently press each wrapper into the tin and arrange so that it forms a cup shape. The wrapper will overlap itself and stick up out of the cup. Sprinkle with salt and bake for 5 to 10 minutes, until browned and crisp. Remove from the tin and allow wrappers to cool.

1 comment:

  1. This I have got to try! I love wonton entrees. It looks delicous and scrumptous!

    Check out my blog at byink.blogspot.com

    I think I am going to start posting my recipes on there- along with my ponderings and written entries :)

    ReplyDelete