Monday, December 3, 2012

Meatless Monday: Papa Murphy's Copy-Cat Gourmet Vegetarian Pizza with Creamy Garlic Sauce Recipe

A vegetarian pizza is not something I'd typically order for myself. But a few years ago, my adventurous foodie cousin Sonya ordered this for our dinner one night. I was skeptical at first, but after one bite I was in love! This Gourmet Vegetarian Pizza from Papa Murphy's is now one of my favorites, and even though we're talking Meatless Monday today, you might want to try it with added pepperoni sometime. Trust me. Anyway, when I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I was so so excited and had it on my menu for the following week. 

You know me, I prefer making my own copy-cat versions of take-out/restaurant foods. This delicious pizza hosts a garlic sauce in lieu of a red sauce, mushrooms, tomatoes (which I leave off), spinach, zucchini, artichoke hearts, onions, mozzarella and parmesan. The flavor from the garlic sauce and the veggies are beyond perfect, and you don't even miss the meat! I'm also very happy to report that this recipe tastes just like the original, and you control all of the ingredients! I made ours with a whole wheat crust, organic veggies and homemade ranch. Twas delish! This is also a great way to get some veggies into picky eaters, pizza and cheese makes any veggie more bearable. Give it a try on your next Meatless Monday or Pizza Night!

Papa Murphy's Copy-Cat Gourmet Vegetarian Pizza with Creamy Garlic Sauce Recipe

1 unbaked pizza crust, homemade or store-bought
1 recipe Creamy Garlic Sauce (see recipe below)
Fresh spinach
Sliced zucchini
Mushrooms
Artichoke Hearts
Tomatoes
Minced Onions
Grated Mozzarella Cheese
Parmesan Cheese

Spread pizza crust in pan. Spread creamy garlic sauce on top of crust. Add fresh vegetables (and any other toppings you like), sprinkle cheeses on top, and bake according to crust directions.

Creamy Garlic Sauce Recipe 
This sauce is amazing! I love to use it in place of regular tomato pizza sauce. This will make enough sauce for one very large pizza or about 3 personal-sized pizzas.

1 cup ranch dressing
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic salt
Dash of minced green onions
Dash of Italian seasoning

Mix all ingredients together and use as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment