Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Olive Garden Chicken Marsala with Roasted Potatoes




I don't know if you're like me, but I have a really hard time not ordering pasta when I go to the Olive Garden. However, one night a few years ago when my husband took me out I ordered the Chicken Marsala with Tuscan Potatoes and Peppers. I can't remember what made me want to order it, I'd never had Chicken Marsala, let alone tasted Marsala wine! But I'll tell you what, it's one of my very favorite chicken recipes! The chicken tender and smothered in a slightly sweet but savory sauce with sauteed mushrooms. YUM! What helps make it even more delicious, are the Roasted Potatoes and Peppers it's served with. They are perfectly crispy on the outside, but soft and velvety on the inside. I don't know how they do it, I've never been able to make potatoes like that!

This is a great recipe for many reasons, but the chicken only takes a few minutes to throw together making it great for a weeknight, but fancy enough for company. I had the chicken cooked before the potatoes were done, so this is literally a 30 minute meal! I'm so excited too because these roasted potatoes (I decided to leave out the bell peppers this time) DO taste like the OG version! Also, my daughter who doesn't really like potatoes of any kind, not only gobbled these down, but she asked for more! The chicken is also delicious and very similar to the OG version.

So if you're looking for a new dish to cook at home that doesn't take much fuss, give this a try!

Olive Garden Chicken Marsala from cdkitchen.com

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves pounded 1/4" thick
1/4 cup Wondra flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon oregano
4 tablespoons oil
4 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup Marsala wine

Combine flour, salt, pepper and oregano and blend well. Heat the oil and butter in a skillet until bubbling lightly. Dredge the chicken in the flour and shake off the excess. Cook the chicken on medium heat for about 2 minutes on the first side, until lightly brown. As you turn the breasts to the second side to cook, add the mushrooms around the chicken pieces. Cook about 2 more minutes, until lightly browned on the second side. Stir the mushrooms. When the second side is lightly browned, add the wine around the pieces, cover the pan and simmer for about 10 minutes.


Olive Garden Oven Roasted Potatoes from Recipe Lion

2 medium baking potatoes
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium green pepper
1 medium red pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
4 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
2-4 tablespoons Romano cheese grated
pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.

Peel potatoes and dice into1/2-inch pieces. Core and seed peppers and dice into 1/2-inch pieces. Set aside.

Mix olive oil, rosemary, salt, garlic and pepper in a bowl.

In a small baking pan, toss potatoes and peppers with the oil and herb mixture. Bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Sprinkle potatoes with parsley and Romano cheese.




No comments:

Post a Comment