Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Garlicky Kale

Kale, another food I was late in the game to trying. I was very skeptical the first time I tried it. I don't care for cooked spinach, so I figured I was in for something similar. That wasn't the case at all, it was delicious! Kale can hold up to cooking very well, so this is a great green vegetable for a first timer who is afraid of a slimy/limp mess. Kale is so so good for you too, it's packed with vitamin k, vitamin a, vitamin c, calcium, fiber and manganese.

This is a great and simple recipe, and takes less than five minutes. It goes well with a number of different entrees, from pasta, to steak, chicken, fish or baked potatoes. I like my kale with a little bite to it still, not completely limp. So if you want yours to cook a little more, then saute for another few minutes before you put the lid on. 


Garlicky Sauteed Kale
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced (or minced)
2T Salted Butter
6 cups Kale
Salt and Pepper
In a large pan over medium-low heat, saute the garlic in butter until it's tender. Add kale and saute for about two minutes, season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat, cover with lid and let sit for another two minutes. Toss and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment