Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Freezer Turkey Cheeseburgers


I love the ease of having meals already assembled in my freezer. I especially love recipes like this that take mere minutes to throw together and have immense amounts of flavor! I saw this recipe a couple of months ago when I was bulking up my freezer recipe repitoire. I liked the idea of having some ready burger patties for a quick and easy weeknight meal. This recipe especially caught my eye because there was shredded cheese mixed in with the turkey as well as shredded zucchini! I love adding veggies wherever I can.

Let me just tell you: These.Were.Amazing. They are juicy, cheesey, and packed full of flavor. My husband and I loved these, and we've decided we'll always have a stash of these in the freezer. My sometimes choosey toddler also loved these. She ate about half of my burger! We grilled ours, but they'd be amazing broiled as well.

My apologies as to not having a picture of a final product. They smelled so good, I forgot to take an "after" picture! But take my word for it, you want to make these!

Freezer Turkey Cheeseburgers from Mom on a Mission

2 pounds ground turkey
2 medium size zucchini, trimmed and grated (about 2 cups)
3 cups of shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar)
1/2 tsp of salt
1 tsp of onion powder
1 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal or whole wheat bread crumbs (I used panko)

In a large bowl, combine zucchini, salt, onion powder, basil, pepper and meal or crumbs.

Add cheese and turkey and mix well.

Form into patties, each about 4 inches-width of the palm of your hand.

Freeze each patty between sheets of foil or wax paper.

Label and date quart size bags.

Place 4-5 patties in each bag at an angle.

Cooking:

Thaw 24 hours. Place burger on a broiler pan covered with foil for easier cleanup.

Slit the foil so the juices drip below.

Broil 8-10 minutes. Carefully flip burgers and continue to broil an additional 5-7 minutes or until burgers register 165 on an instant thermometer.

Or grill on medium high heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment