Thursday, March 22, 2012

Meal Plan 03/21-03/27, Featuring Organic/Natural Deals


Welcome back to our second edition of Weekly Meal Plans! I've got some delicious recipes this week, and I'll be cooking a couple along side of you! Did you make anything from the meal plan last week? I made the Zucchini Lasagna, and my goodness it was delicious! I'd love to hear about any deals you got, as well as the recipes you've tried.

QFC seemed to rule this week. They had a lot of great organics on sale, while the other stores seemed somewhat lacking :( Oh well! This also got me thinking, you may not know that you have certain stores near you. So if you're unsure, you can click on the following links to find a store near you!

QFC locations
TOP Foods locations
Albertsons locations
Safeway locations

If you're new to the Meal Plan, this is how it works:
Each week I'll give you seven days of meals that will feed 4-6 people (depending on the recipe), and which stores have the main ingredients on sale. I'll suggest a side dish as well. Some of the recipes I've tried, and some I have not. Some weeks I'll be trying recipes with you and we can talk about what we think of the recipes on the blog's facebook page! Whoo! I hope you're as excited as I am! If you have any questions about the meal plans or any requests, please leave a comment and let me know. So here we go, this week's meal plan:


1. Braised Coriander Chicken in Tomato Sauce with Olives and Mint & Watermelon
TOP Draper Valley Farms Fresh Whole Chicken, $.89lb
TOP Oso Sweet Onions, $.57lb
Albertsons Mini Watermelons, 2 for $5


2. Coriander Chicken Enchiladas & Grilled Avocados
Use leftover chicken and sauce from Coriander Chicken
TOP Haas Avocados, 2 for $1 - 03/21-03/23 ONLY
QFC Haas Avocados, BOGO Free
Albertsons Ripe Haas Avocado, $.99 each

3. Pork Chops with Pineapple Fried Rice 
QFC Farmland Pork Chops, BOGO Free
QFC Pineapple, Whole or Cored, BOGO Free

4. Mushroom Barley Soup & Green Salad
Albertsons Whole or Sliced, White or Brown Mushrooms, 8oz, $2.49 each
QFC Private Selection Romaine, 3ct, BOGO Free

5. Fish Piccata & Rice Pilaf with Veggie of your Choice
QFC Wild Caught Dover Sole Filets, $4.99lb
Albertsons Wild Caught Dover Sole or Rockfish Fillets, $7.99 lb

6. Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Lemon, Basil, and Salmon & Roasted Broccoli 
TOP Wild Caught Alaskan Sockeye Salmon, $5.99lb
QFC Wild Caught Alaska Sockeye Salmon Fillets, $8.99lb
QFC Organic Broccoli, $1.49lb

 7. Jamie Oliver's Whole Baked Cauliflower with Olive and Tomato Sauce & Sauteed Cannellini Beans with Baguette
QFC Organic Cauliflower, $1.49lb






No comments:

Post a Comment