Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I'm back! With Eggplant Involtini (aka easy and yummy eggplant)

I'm so glad to be back blog-writing, and I'm glad you're here too! Sorry about the two months of hearing nothing from me... My last post was on turkey brine. Oops, my bad! Well, now I'm back and I'm really excited for this new year! Did you make any new goals or changes for 2012? The biggest thing I'm working on this year is becoming a runner, and watching my caloric intake. I've finally found the motivation I needed to reach my goal (an 80lb weight loss) through a book called, "Run Your Butt Off". It's been great at helping me to gradually get into running, I started off running 5 out of 30 minutes and now I'm running 20 out of 30 minutes. It's pretty great!

Alright, onto the main event: Eggplant Involtini. What does that mean exactly? It's slices of eggplant stuffed with ooey gooey cheese, fresh basil, covered in marinara sauce and then baked until bubbly and delicious. It's yummy, it's easy and it's good for you! I got this recipe from one of my favorite blogs, Deliciously Organic. This is the same blog I got the recipe for Pumpkin Coffee Creamer from. You really should check it out! Lots of yummy recipes, as well as a lot of grain free recipes as of late. But now, you should make the Eggplant Involtini! You'll want to head over to Deliciously Organic to get the recipe. Let her know I sent ya! Enjoy and let me know what you think!!

1 comment: