Monday, October 31, 2011

Thrifty Vintage Finds

As I sit and write to you this morning, I'm thoroughly enjoying Christmas music. Yes, I know it's Halloween, but our local Christian radio station plays Christmas music all day on Halloween (one of my favorite things about this holiday). We don't have any big plans for tonight, Addie is too little for trick or treating or festivities of that sort, so we're just gonna lay low and stay warm and cozy.


I'm actually going to start working on a project today, I got some great thrifty finds this weekend while visiting my parents in Spokane. I hit up a vintage sale, a gigantic thrift store and an antique store and came away quite happy with my purchases. I'm always drawn to kitchen stuff, whether it be vintage Pyrex, kitchen gadgets with wooden handles, tablecloths, etc. But I've been working on a Pinterest project that's had me searching for little trinkets. I'll be sharing that project with you when it's finished, which I think may be a few weeks... On this thrifty trip though, I came back with a tablecloth, a dishtowel, a galvanized pitcher, a few kitchen gadgets, a red Pyrex pie plate, and two vintage books. The books are going to be for the Pinterest project I'm starting today! I saw this wreath last week and I fell in love, it's simply gorgeous! It's from the blog bystephanielynn.com, and looks easy, but time consuming.
Pinned Image
I'm going to use pages from the old books I bought to form the rosettes on the wreath. I'll let you know how it turns out when it's finished!

Do you like to shop the thrift stores or antique stores like I do? What's your absolute fave find? I'd love to hear about it! Have a safe and Happy Halloween :)
~Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment