Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Grocery Outlet


I have come to adore this little store in the last few months. My very good friend Jessie has gotten me hooked. Our good friend Allison got Jessie hooked. I've gotten some crazy good deals here, and have come across things I had no idea they would carry. Here are a few things to know about Grocery Outlet:

*You won't be able to do ALL of your grocery shopping here. They don't have everything. But the savings are so significant, it's worth it to stop here before you do your other shopping.

*They have a surprising array of natural and organic products! I cannot count how many organic things I've purchased here. From personal care products, to dairy (milk, butter, cheese), ground beef (for only $4.79 per pound!), crackers & cookies, cereal, vegetables (fresh and frozen), yogurt, cleaning products, the list goes on. I've gotten bread from The Essential Baking Company too. YUM. You're paying a fraction of the full price, can't beat that!

*When you find something that you like, buy a few of them if you have it in your budget to do so. Reason being: it may not be there the next time you go. Their inventory is not constant, they're buying inventory surplus directly from the manufacturers, so when it's gone, it's gone.

*Stop by often. Because their inventory changes so frequently, you're sure to find new things every week.

*For my couponing peeps, they do not take coupons (except their own store coupons). Their discounts are already so good, they just can't.

On a recent trip, I picked up this bounty. I got: two pounds of organic ground beef, organic heirloom lettuce, organic yogurt, organic olive oil cooking spray, a pound of wild caught pacific cod, organic mild cheddar cheese, two cans of all natural crescent rolls from the Immaculate Baking Company, all natural whole grain baked crackers, and two pints of organic tomatoes. Can you guess my total for all of that? Look below the picture to find out.

$42. That's it. Retail was over $75!
If you're on a budget, like to be frugal, enjoy getting good deals, or are trying to eat natural/organic I highly recommend Grocery Outlet! Check out their website to see if there's a store near you!



No comments:

Post a Comment